Living a life of excess and abundance can be overwhelming and stressful. I’ve had my own share of impulse buys and a closet filled with clothes and shoes that I haven’t worn for years. I am sure that you are guilty as I am when it comes to accumulating unnecessary items and material possessions. Too much of everything is nice at first but it can definitely be the source of stress and anxiety.
In this article, I will talk about this new lifestyle that has caught the attention of a lot of people, including me.
Minimalist Living is described as a lifestyle of owning just the essentials which can change lives and bring a number of benefits.
- You will spend less. By having this minimalist mentality, you stop shopping for things that you already have and don’t need. Being conscious of your purchases and being contented with what you have can definitely save you loads of cash.
- You will clean less. Having less stuff means fewer items to clean and maintain which also saves you time and money.
- You will have more space. Downsizing your material possessions is a way to get rid of clutter in your home which gives you more free space and a more organized environment.
- You will have more time. Owning fewer items saves you from spending too much time cleaning, organizing or even looking for things. Another example is that not wanting more stuff means less time spent for shopping as well, and more time for productive things.
- You will create a room for what’s really important and gain freedom. Being able to purge and get rid of all the junk and clutter will give you the sense of freedom – freeing you from greed, debt and obsession. Sometimes we get tied down from owning and wanting more. Most times, we tend to want things just to keep up with the trend or compete with our peers. The less clutter in your life, the more you appreciate what’s really important.
To sum it all up, a minimalist lifestyle can definitely bring you peace of mind and promote happiness. It will show you that there is more to life than just material possessions.